October 4, 2010

Running again and Marshalling

Started running again on thursday early evening with a little jog (maybe 3 miles) around Gloucestershire Country Park which I had been passing with 1/2 a mile of for the last 13 years and never found before, shameful. May make this a regular stop.

Did some work on the track on saturday morning where I have an hour free while the kids do Gymnastics. A warm up and then a 6.53 minute mile and then some warm down jog.

Both of the above suggest I have not yet fully recovered for my aborted BGR attempt.

Sunday had much fun as a marshall for the Arenig fell race in the wild parts of wild Wales. Just a great race in the middle of nowhere. You get a different side to racing and meet different people. I do between 4 and 8 races a year, so I guess if I Marshall 1 a year, that is my contribution for now. I have a long term plan of re-running the Nant-y-Moch fell race, but not for a few years. If any one remembers the route, can they let me know.

Going to try a bit of HIIT over the next 4 weeks in addition to longer slower runs and a bit of hill climbing, see what happens. 1st measure is any improvement in my mile times, but the real test will be the Cardington Cracker in December.


1 comment:

  1. marshalling is always pretty cool. It gives you a very different perspective thats for sure

    ReplyDelete