October 14, 2010

Golf, hand warmers and being bonkers

The day or 2 before I attempted the Bob Graham Round last month I got a number of text's which included the words
good
luck
bonkers
in various orders.

Jim Mann and Mark Smith are both attempting winter rounds a week apart and I shall look forward very much to doing what I can to support them both.

I was looking at getting some of these in preparation and this seems to be about the cheapest place to buy them. However, can I risk being seen to buy from a place that sells golf gear?
If you have any experience of such heat generating devices, please leave a comment.

24 hours out in December a whole extra world of hurt layered on top because of the cold. 8 hours out in winter is OK, 24 is a different game, even supporting in 4 - 6 hours sections becomes more of a challenge. Not being able to do something because you had to take your gloves off to fiddle and now they are too cold to feel can not just be awkward, it can be there start of the decent into the accident pit. Even so, buying stuff from a golf shop is going a bit far.

Jim and Mark, I am pleased to say you are both bonkers.



1 comment:

  1. Good luck!!!

    --A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life. ~Charles Darwin
    five fingers

    ReplyDelete