October 10, 2010

Still recovering

I went out for a run on Sunday late afternoon, aiming at about 7 miles on Sunday, some very small hills and rough forest tracks. The weather was a bit wild, so stuck to either the forestry or lee side of hills north west of Nant-y-moch.

I did the 1st 2 miles aiming at a 8 minute mile pace, but after a mile and 1/2 the track got rougher, some small rivers to run through and I got more tired, so slowed to 8.40 for the next 1/2 mile. The rest was at a comfortable, fun pace, though the last mile was hard work, my legs have not quite yet fully recovered from 2 weeks ago.

I find my unconscious mind is planning a re-match for May and every so often pops ideas and plans into my conscious mind when then need suppressing. For the last 2 years I have run the Aberystwyth Twin Peaks race, but this year I am giving it a miss. Myra is riding the Taf Trail with some friends today so small people are in charge of me and to be honest I am not ready to run a race, even more so one which is more than 70% pavement, though very nice pavement. The race is quite fast and has less than 1000ft of climb in 7 miles, so not well aligned with the previous years training aims.

1 comment:

  1. Clive
    Throw the bloody stopwatch away!!
    Hills hills hills
    Miles miles miles
    Fun fun fun
    I once paced a very fast marathon runner (2.25) AND HE FAILED TOO.
    You will do the BG at "Clive pace"

    ReplyDelete