October 16, 2010

Shame the Commonwealth Games has finished

I have improved my mile time by 31 seconds in the last 2 weeks to 6.22. I expect there are a couple of reasons for this
  • Recovered a bit more from the Bob.
  • Got a bit better at the pacing and technique of running a mile
  • Tabata training is having some effect.
Give me an other 3 months at this rate and I would be setting a world record, though I expect diminishing returns. A good use of the 50 minutes while I wait for the kids to finish gymnastics on a Saturday morning and once we can get sub-6 mins, we will work toward 2 miles under 6 minutes. My very experienced veteran Midlands runner friend Richard keeps pointing out that "if all you do is long slow distance, all you will get is long slow distance".

Not quite feeling recovered enough for a big run or hill reps yet, so 5-7 miles tomorrow is planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment