October 24, 2010

Hills, Hills, HIlls, Miles, Miles, Miles, Fun, Fun, Fun

A very wise man left a comment on my blog a few weeks ago
Clive
Throw the bloody stopwatch away!!
Hills hills hills
Miles miles miles
Fun fun fun
I once paced a very fast marathon runner (2.25) AND HE FAILED TOO.
You will do the BG at "Clive pace"
There is no doubt Stu is right. Even a high level analysis of my BGR training prior to September would suggest it was a short of miles most weeks, did have lots of hills and lots of fun. A lack of miles will be something I am going to address when I start BGR training again in December.

At the moment I am playing catch up on the jobs around the house, so going out for 20 minute, warming up, doing 4 minutes of hell on legs and warming down, then getting on with everything else is very appealing. Intervals round the track fits well with Saturday morning children's gymnastics. I am also not that motivated to do long runs or hill reps, probably because it is only 4 weeks post BRG attempt. I am getting quite fired up about doing the course of the Meirionnydd Round in sections over the winter and might start this week work and weather willing.

However, it has been fun exploring an other side of running over the last 3 weeks of trying to just get faster over a short distance (1 mile) and I have used it as a change rather than full rest.

Stu is on the money, for a BGR it matters not a jot if I the fastest I can run a mile round in track is 6 or 8 minutes. More importantly it is great to be challenged when the challenge is a wise one, and Stu's always are, particular the one about fat boy. Its the best kinds of encouragement, is very useful and is included in the mix when working out a training plan (don't really schedule things, my world is too random for that) which balances home, work and BGR ambitions.

So Stu, whats next for you? Paddy Buckley?


No comments:

Post a Comment