January 3, 2011

I think I missed a week around xmas. Lots of snow plodding and some great night runs, but I neglected to account for them here.

The last week has been about doing a few more miles than I normally would, but various family stuff meant a big day out had to be canned. Still quite a good week for the 1st week of counting. Not a step was run in the light, thank you Hope Vision.

  • Monday Rest
  • Tuesday : 10 x 150ft of the steepest hill I could find. As good training for going down as up and a few miles before and after. 1500ft and 3 miles
  • Wednesday : 5 * 350ft : 1500ft and 4 miles
  • Thursday : Aber to Borth and back across the coast path. 10 miles and 2000ft.
  • Friday : rest
  • Saturday : 5 miles + 500ft
  • Sunday : 7 miles + 1500ft
so 29 miles and 7,000ft is OK for the 1st real week of training. Both need to increase and a big day out a week should do that. This was the 1st week I forced myself to go out each of the 5 days and do more than a warm up and warm down. The ghost of Bob Graham present (otherwise known as Jim Mann) has kept on at me that I need to get more miles in and compared to last year's training where I would happily get 10,000ft of climb in 15 miles, we are heading in the right direction. If I can get a big day in as well in a week, then 40 miles and 10k of climb should be no problem and be nice to do some of it in the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment