January 10, 2011

Foot problems

I have hurt my foot. Think it was running on ice in mid to late December. Nothing serious and it goes away when I run, but Kevin the physio suggests it best to lay off running for a week, put it in ice water every day and call him if it does not recover.

So I have been on the bike for the later part of the week. I am not bike fit and the saddle has taken its toll getting my delicate little places are a bit sore. Still, better than sitting around. I can manage to keep my foot in ice water for about 20 seconds at a time before it gets too much, need to work up to a minute. Gaging to get running again. I was starting to enjoy doing the extra distance, but needs must and I am sure the time on the bike has done me good. Some extra time to focus on core stability and stretching has not been wasted.

Earlier in the week I did a short night run along part of The Ridgeway south of Swindon. The mist was very thick, like running through soup. I also think I ran through a car park which was holding the Wiltshire Winter dogging festival, not really my thing.

Start running again on Thursday and see how it goes. Really looking forward to getting a long day out.

No comments:

Post a Comment