January 7, 2011

On your bike

After 4 weeks of mild pain in my foot which cleared up after a few minutes running, I went to see Kevin the Physio this morning. Nothing serious and he thinks that the muscles between the bones in the foot got bruised and twisted. He hurt me for a while which made my foot feel much better. Suggested foot in ice water for a minute, then out for a minutes and back in, repeat a few times. One week with no running, so its the bike instead. He thought there was no point backing off for longer.

I was concerned that it was a little more serious, but this is good news and a week of going out on the bike instead of running won't be a waste at all. A tad cold to go aqua-running in Pendam Lake.

How did it happen? I don't normally run much on roads, which this is a common injury from. It may have been during the snow I was doing a few miles on the roads with a couple of inches of snow cover and some of the icy sections strained something in the foot that is not used to working that hard.

Niggles like this are part of Ultra/fell running and having access to a good sports physio has proved to be important.

No comments:

Post a Comment