January 23, 2011

Much of muchness

Whatever that really means, but an other slack week with some quality sessions. I was in Prague for 5 days and managed 2 good sessions on the stair stepping machine while there which don't half give your legs a good work out.

Saturday and Sunday had good runs of 11 miles/2500ft and 9 miles and 2000ft respectively. Saturdays run was from Nant-y-Moch, over Plumom to the source of the Severn and back following the fence. Sunday was a random run around various minor hill with the most stunning sunset. Not expecting such a sunset I left my camera at home. Both were good hard mountain runs over rough ground, Sunday especially.

I would guess at 23 miles and 7000ft equivalent, but this is just not good enough. I am still being cautious about my left foot which continues to not "feel right", but is not proving to be a problem. I used Fly-Roc's on Sunday and they seemed to give much better support and the foot/ankle bothered me less.

On the bright side it is enough output to be fitter at the end of the week than the start, but we need to step up a gear or 2 in terms of distance and climb and now is the time to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment