August 9, 2010

bits, but very good bits

This week has been made a little more difficult training wise to get the big day in by the needs of childcare as Myra and her sister went on their annual trip to London. In fairness, I could have had a big day out on Sunday, but decided to spent it climbing with Tim around which we squeezed 6000ft, so actually it has been a good training week. It mean's more bits than I would have like, but thats the tradeoffs.
  • Monday : rest
  • Tuesday : 4 * 1000ft reps on Plynlumon. Each rep was 31 minutes, so pleased I did not get slower.
  • Wednesday : 3 miles in wood (work and kids constrained)
  • Thursday : 4 * 300ft reps (work and kids constrained)
  • Friday : rest
  • Saturday : 1 rep of Cader Idris in the evening. Top in 61 minutes (I tried sooooo hard to break the sub hour) 3000ft. I also had a a very physical afternoon helping a mate take some trees down which I found harder than running per unit time.
  • Sunday : Climbing with Tim. Walk up with rucksack with Rope and gear (good training no doubt) to do the Kircus route on the crag on the back of Pen yr Olewen 1500ft. A good thrutch up the 5a crack in a wonderful situation. run up Moel Shabod from the south west (bog, do try it) 2000ft. So a total of 35ooft.
Total of about 12,000ft which is good, but would have liked a big day out. Next week we are pacing 2 chaps (on leg 3 of the BGR at least) I replied to on the fell runners forum who requested some extra pacers which should be fun. Going for a monster week next week, see what happens.

Putting together plans for my BGR, still a pacer short for leg 1 and a navigator short for leg 3. Anyone free on the 24th of Septembers who likes walking/trotting fast over mountains at night, let me know ?

No comments:

Post a Comment