December 11, 2011

Wish for better weather


I find it very easy to go out for a run when the weather is good, even in winter, snow also fine. Steady rain combined wind, much less appealing. The photo above is post run afternoon tea at Findhorn a few weeks back. It was a bit chilly, but just wonderful to sit outside even in early November having done a few miles on the beach. We have been quite lucky weather wise up until the last week or so, but getting out in all weathers is the real test and contributes to the "fell hard" state of mind that Joss etc al mentions.

Some things just sound wrong, but I shall reserve judgement until hear it. There is also a Radio 4 program about the BGR and the music on friday at 11am. The tunes on my iPod during my round was somewhat less classical. I am sure it will be good, but I do wonder if it is something you can really set to music. Guess it depends on your musical background.

Monday : rest
Tuesday : 6 miles, split into 2 bits, some hill, some track while waiting for kids at gymnastics
Wednesday : 7 miles along bank of Thames near Streatly at night. A very memorable run indeed, torch off and still light enough to run along some of the medows
Thursday : Dreadzone in Stroud. My legs were more tried post gig than if I had been running for the duration.
Friday : 2 miles 500ft
Saturday : small girls birthday
Sunday : 3 1/2 miles of wet wetness over hilly fields while it was wet.

Need a long day out.

Good to see Andy back with a plan. Getting him round his round is one of my goals for 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment