December 18, 2011

Don't underestimate a Jack Russel

Sunday morning was Corndon 3 Peaks Classic morning. A little bit of the Welsh/Shropshire boarder I had not visited and great running ground. Other than there being quite a lot of runnable ground on this race and I am not very good at running uphill runnable ground, I had a great time. Did not do well, but did not do badly. Race had the usual profile, I got passed on gentle gradients. I passed 1 or 2 folks on steep climbs. Got passed on the flat bits and passed a few on each steep descent. Congratulations to the Jack Russell who beat me and the lass who I shared a photo finish with. No doubt Al will have some pics up soon.

1 hour and 3 minutes and as usual I am sure that with some more focused training under an hour is easily within grasp. Priest Weston is one of those gems of little villages that fell races in that area introduce you to. Must go back to the Miners Arms when I am not driving and this is a reasonable route to do as a training run when returning from various places. Had a good chat with Tim Davies (he who won) after the race about training and got some useful ideas.

Monday : 6 miles on fields, lots of up and down
Tuesday : 6 miles on track while waiting for small girl Gymnastics
Wednesday : 3 miles on fields in a bitter wind
Thursday : in Manchester
Friday : 6x200ft hills reps plus a mile or so
Saturday : rest
Sunday : 6 + 2000ft Cordon Classic

No comments:

Post a Comment