March 15, 2010

Back on the wagon

The Sunday night after the Wye Valley ultra was memorable for projectile vomit. I was none too bright the next 2 days and the remainder of the King family got the bug later in the week. So it was a good week to pick to rest. I was not really recovered until friday from the bug and 2 days extra rest did no harm at all. I probably did about 1500ft of climb while walking dog, but it was at leisurely pace. By Sunday I found myself running downhill on the evening walk as a subconcious action. A sign that it was time to start running again.

Monday night did 6 miles and about 1000ft of climb at a 10 minute mile pace which is quite speedy for me. I struggle to get much under 8.30 minute miles for any length of time, even on the relative flat. Reading about some folks who trot out significant distances at 6 minute miles makes me wonder what the hell I am playing at.

I then remind myself I am playing a different game and I have not been playing for as long.
I should do a bit more work in the area, my running is not that efficient, but amount of climb and time out on the legs are really the priorities for the next 10 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment