November 16, 2011

Ras Rhobbel Fawr with no shirt in November !


Ran Ras Rhobbel Fawr ( 6 miles and 2000ft) on Sunday, a glorious day. 29th out of 62 in a time of 1.12:25. Ran the last part of the ascent and all the descent without a shirt, it was that hot or I was sweating that much.

Great race, very well organized, 1 minute silence for the fallen at the start it being remembrance day as very appropriate I thought. Cracking soup at the end.

The race followed the usual competitive profile


  • Gentle ascent for the 1st 1.5 miles I was slowly passed by people
  • Steeper leg pumping climbs I would pass the odd runner
  • Passed 7 or 8 folk on the descent on the mountain
  • Kept my place on the gentle descent to the finish despite some thundering footsteps just behind me at the end

So I am relatively poor at running on the flat and gentle uphill, but OK at steep climbs and technical descent, so no news there. I think I could have improved by at least 3 minutes (6 places plus) with a slight improvement on the 1st 1/4 of the race. So will have to put some training focus on being able to run flat and gentle slopes a lot faster, between now and the Cardington Cracker.


No comments:

Post a Comment