April 27, 2011

To Fisherfield and beyond




The Fisherfield Forest (not that many tress left) is one of the most remote areas of Scotland and contains 6 prized Munro's which require a long walk in and out. Tim, who I have climbed with for years, had a small number of Munro's left including A' Mhaighdean and Ruadh Stac Mòr. I did look at trying the other 4 in the group, but we only had one map between us and part of the fun was being in the hills with a mate.

Weather was great, though a little hazy for pictures. No midges. Walk in's were long and to help with my training Tim kindly let me carry the tent on the way in and out and we put all the gear in one rucksack and he let me carried it. His consideration has no bounds. The walk in and out were probably quite good BGR training and hard on the feet.

Also included 2 other hills while I was away on the mission to take kids to see Grandad who lives in northern Scotland. Ben Wyvis, which I had been up about 15 years before, and a quick run up and down Cairngorm on the way home while kids were in the soft play in Aviemore.


No comments:

Post a Comment