April 19, 2011

Just when you don't want it .....

Last week had 2 great days out, including a 12 hours plus. This week had 3 days in New York visiting a customer and 2 days travel plus jet lag [ no, it was not nice or OK for some, it was a pain in the **** ]. Did you run while in New York, Clive? No. To the east of the hotel on Long Island are crack dens and to the west was a power station. Within 5 miles is Jones Beach where 10 bodies were uncovered during the week I was there. So apart from lots of stretching, a bit of swimming, activity was confined to Sunday where I did 20 miles and about 9k over Snowdon via the Watkin path, Moel Elio down to Llanberis for brew and back up and over Snowdon. Hot day for April and good heat training. I had planned to do more, a lot more, but I was just tried, not my legs, but me inside from Jet lag, etc and I feel very comfortable with going with what my body tells me and cutting the day short to 6 hours, 20 miles and 9k.

No work travel planned between now and BGR time in 3 1/2 weeks, but at least a good 10 days before I start ramping down. Going for at least 15 of climb in the next week and after that I learned to make the ramp down a little less steep this time.

Quite looking forward to the rematch in 3 weeks or so time.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about business travel. I do that too and it wrecks race performance, no matter how hard you try to avoid it. Hang on in there until the big day.

    ReplyDelete