June 13, 2010

Tight calf not hindering progress too much

Not a bad week of training considering 3 days of enforced rest. I have been continuing to train despite a tight calf which has improved over the week in part due to physio, part putting it in cold water when I get the chance and part due to extra stretching.

Monday : rest by intent

Tuesday : Clarach to Borth and back along the coast path which felt like interval training. Lots of short hills. 6 miles and 1500ft

Wednesday : In London

Thursday : 1000ft and 6 miles in/on/around the hills to the east of Llandinam and the wind farm on my way home from London. Good fast running with reasonable hills. Spent about 20 seconds watching a badger watching me in day light. Seen lots of badgers in my time, but not many in daylight (8.30pm).

Friday : 1500ft by 3 reps of bus stop to hill fort.

Saturday : Kids party, cutting grass and other messing around meant it was dark by the time I got time for a run

Sunday : 6000ft and 12 miles via 2 reps up Cader Idris. Was going to do 3 reps, but got tipped on during the 2nd rep, got quite cold and had already changed clothes after the 1st rep, so nothing dry left to change into. I have a lot of respect for this hill and it was quite savage for shorts, vest and a thin pertex shell to run through for about 10 minutes. Still not managed to summit on the 1st rep in under an hour, 62 minutes today was the best so far. Did feel strong throughout which is good. Calf was OK, but with hindsight I am glad I did not push it.

So 10,500ft is good, 28 miles is less so. Need another big day out soon. 4 hours is not enough at this stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment