June 7, 2010

Things just get in the way

All quiet here for the last 2 weeks in part because of being on holiday in Northern Scotland and part down to being busy. Myra decided to do some bike related stunts and ended up in A and E 2 weeks ago. Some cuts and bruises and today we are told a fractured jaw in 2 places, but thankfully not serious. This means my part of looking after the terrorists has increased a fair amount which as a consequence has hit my training plans (prime BGR directive about family collateral damage). Still managed snatch about 7k of up each week.

I did get 1 really good day out over Seana Bhraigh which I felt I wonder in from the east from Oykel Bridge up the Strath Mussie river to have really visited this very remote hill. I carried on to Beinn Dearg.


View Untitled in a larger map

24 miles and about 7k of climb, so a really good day. Ground was very rough indeed and very hard going, however, there was no shortage of water for sure. Dog and I saw 4 other people out in this very remote area of the Scotland.

No comments:

Post a Comment