January 10, 2010

What is the snow plod multiplier?


A great week training wise, though no huge distances or climbs and I did not reach the 10k target, but 7000ft and a lot of snow plodding made for a hard week. I don't know what the snow plod multiplier is but I guess at about 1.5. Even going downhill in a knee deep drift can be exhausting. All in the local hills which are covered with power snow which has drifted in places. All the lakes are frozen as above to a good thickness, but I have limited walking on them to the ones I know are less then 3ft deep. It has been just a great week to be out, even if progress felt quite slow.

Monday : rest

Tuesday : 2 hour later afternoon, early evening snow plod for about 8 miles and 2000ft

Wednesday : 1 hour in dark snow plodding 4 miles and 1000ft

Thursday : 1 hour in dark snow plodding 5 miles and 1000ft

Friday : rest

Saturday : morning 4 1/2 hours with 3000ft and 12 miles. Even dog was cream-crackered at the end of it spending the rest of the day on her couch.

Sunday : 10 * 100ft hill sprints

So we are introducing a new metric to judge the effectiveness of my training - the dog knacker index.

No comments:

Post a Comment