January 23, 2010

London damages your running

Working away for 4 days this week and was quite tired on Monday, so training really was left to the end of the week. However, I did hear about a chap who did his BGR training with a Rucksack and stairs in a tower block, so maybe I am just not being imaginative enough.

Monday : Rest

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday : in London. Need to plan this better to I can do something, even if it is flat running.

Friday : 3000ft, 5 miles. Spent at office in Reading and then 2 reps of "the Blorange" in the dark, an idea stolen from Martin Beale. About 25 minutes from the tunnel to the hut which is an improvement, but it feels a lot easier than when I 1st did it 6 months ago. Rude not to when you are passing.

Saturday : 3 miles and 500ft. 3 reps of the field above the house as a warm up and then 10 x 6oft reps as fast a possible. exhausting.

Sunday : 6,000ft and 16 miles. long run of the week. Myra had a bike ride in the morning, so I got the afternoon and into the evening for a 4 hour plus random wander around Nant-y-Moch with the last hour or so in the dark. Had wanted to go faster and further. Must take something to drink with me on the longer weekend runs.

So 1,000ft short of target, but some good training the end of the week at least. Must work out how to make better use of my travel time.

No comments:

Post a Comment