December 30, 2009

2010 running plans

Other than an BGR attempt, I thought it might be useful to set out other racing plans for 2010 so I don't do too much pre and post BGR and racing seems in my life at least to have a detrimental effect on my training.

Jan : Nothing

Feb : Long Mynd Valleys Race [ hard AM ] because it is a great race and I have a target of under 2.30 as a convincer of progress for the BGR

March : Aran Race [ AM] because of the Lamb Burgers and the the Wye Valley Ultra (30 Miles) as long training run. I have managed to persuade one on my neighbors (Ellie) to do this as her 1st Ultra, sucker!

April : Manx Marathon because I have not been to the Isle of Man for years

May : Nothing

June : Welsh 1000m as last big run 3 weeks before the BGR at the end of June. I still have unfinished business with this race as a DNF last year story told here http://blogs.sun.com/clive/entry/welsh_1000m_race_tales_of

July : Snowdon Race

August : Nothing

September : Nant Peris Horseshoe because it is the best race in the calendar and I want to finish in under 5 hours. Plumomon Challange because I will be on the organizing committee next year and it would be rude not to (sweeper runner maybe)

October : Arenig Fawr race because it was fun

November : Nothing

December : Cardington Cracker

Who knows what I might skip, if I will get injured, work, kids, etc will get in the way. Other races might crop up that take my fancy, but it is good to have a plan. Those pre BGR are all convincers. I normally run a few AS and AM in May but have decided to drop a couple of races to concentrate on training instead.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the BGR. If you need support or want some company on recce just let me know.

    Simon.

    ReplyDelete