February 3, 2014

Sod it

I took the kids to the University in Aberystwyth this evening for Swiming and dance lessons. Small man and I raced 3 laps of the track while small girl was in dance and before his swimming. As usual I really enjoyed the running, even on the track. I did 4 miles on Sunday night off road and really enjoyed it.I still associate that part of the University, track, sports center, etc with Coach Jon who wonderfully provided some science to my Bob Graham training a few years back.

It got me wondering if there had been any research on loosing your running mojo after doing something significant. In my case now for 2 1/2 years, I an still out running, still in moutains but not
enough to race. I am just not putting the training in. Excuses abound, chest infections, work, stuff to do in the new place, kids, started karate again after a 27 year gap. But I know in the 3 years before the BGR I had the motivation to get out and get the miles and climb in, no matter what. I have the best of objectives, but not the dedication.

The thing is I want to run, and run well, to be as fit as I was again and I don't feel all my running objective have been completed yet, though the BGR will never be topped in terms of experience. There is something missing, but I have yet to figure out what. Might just be a question of my life being a bit on the full side right now.

My running partner is ever so keen for me to my running mojo back


No comments:

Post a Comment