June 26, 2013

Drygan Fawr

Starting out about 8.15pm (on my way back from Reading) I got to about 15 minutes from the top of Drygarn_Fawr. This is a place you can guarrantee that on a Tuesday evening in June there will be no one else.

I would have liked to get to the top, but just after 9pm, the sun was starting going down behind the hills, I was *very* lightly kitted out with no torch and there was a significant cooling wind, so decided not to risk a push for the top. The other motive to get down before the light started going was the descent which was fast path over moorland and a very fast run down a gentlly sloping track which was one of the most fun runs I have done for ages. So backing off on the push for the top was a good call.

Out for about 90 minutes, did 6 miles and very much looking forward to going back, next week maybe, but come in from the south.

No comments:

Post a Comment