July 3, 2011

More speed



A good week given the time constraints, guided by my experience after last years BGR attempt. Once I had recovered, I started doing a few quicker sessions about 1 week in 3 and made a big difference.

So I have a rough plan for the next 3 weeks of going
  • fast (all things are relative)
  • high (10k plus of climb)
  • long (putting in lots of miles)
then thinking about a 3rd BGR attempt 2nd week in August if the planets align.

  • Monday : 2.5 miles (may be 500ft) new quick circuit in 24.27
  • Tuesday : 5 miles plus 1000ft of climb somewhere near Rhyader
  • Wednesday : 5 miles and 1000ft of climb somewhere between Rhyader and Hereford
  • Thursday : rest
  • Friday : things got ahead of me
  • Saturday : 13 miles out and back along Ceredigion Coast path on an early start carrying rucksac. super morning, hard work and good training. When chase by cows, hound decides it every dog for themselves and out runs the lot of us.
  • Sunday : 5 * 400m fast on flat while kids eat ice cream.
Mum is away for 2 weeks on holiday in Canada with her sister, so I am a bit restricted over the next 2 weeks, but going to try to cram in 10k of climb and not worry about distance next week. So hill reps all next week, but might take a day off and have a run out while kids in school.

New GPS purchases on advice of Yiannis. A Garmin Dakota 20 plus all the maps of the UK. Been out today geocaching with the kids (looking for treasure) which it is super for, yes they have an app for that. I also suspect it will be very good for when I am out traveling and want to find somewhere to run and make sure I make it back to the car. The 1:50,000 is very good and shows footpaths, so it opens up a lot of new ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment