July 23, 2010

Anti training for the Snowdon race

I am quite looking forward to the Snowdon race tomorrow. 9 months of BGR training which in the most part is walking fast up hills, running down them and walking up it again, repeat, mixed with long days out is not the ideal training for an A.M. My training schedule has had very little pace training.

Last year I had an overall time of 1:47.07, to the summit in 1:10.37 and decent in 36:31. This year I am sure I am slower over this distance (though if we had to run it 3 times I suspect my placings would improve quite a bit), so my only goal this year is to get under 1:50 and not get injured (my toe nail is still regrowing from last year).

The real reason for doing this race is the event itself, the kids enjoy the festival atmosphere and running past the Victoria Hotel is a very uplifting experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment