May 17, 2010

Listen to your body

An OK week, but lacking the really big day out I had aimed for at the weekend

Monday : Rest

Tuesday : 1000ft of 4 x 2500ft reps behind the house

Wednesday : 5 miles over undulating ground quite quick.

Thursday : Spent the day working in London and on the way home ran the route of the Long Mynd Valleys race 12 miles and 45ooft. Started at 8pm, got back to the car at 10.40pm, so the last hour was in the dark. Aimed for a reasonable pace to get round in 3 hours, so 2.40 was quite pleasing, only 15 minutes slower than race pace and I really was not caining it.

Friday : rest

Saturday : I had planned a 27 miles and 5500ft over the Plunmon Challenge course. I just felt tired, not my legs, but all of me. Maybe too many early morning and nights sleep being disturbed by small boy. I ended up setting out to do 1000ft and managed 500ft. Probably best to listen to your body when it talks

Sunday : 12 miles and 3500ft over local hills which was quite enjoyable. Had to sandwich between taking the children swimming in the morning and Myra going to the cinema in the late afternoon.

Total of about 30 miles and 9,500ft so a little below target, but next week is going to be a bigger one with a day in the Lakes on thursday and supporting a Paddy attempt on Saturday night. It is going to be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment