June 12, 2011

PBR pacing


View North west of the descent from Snowdon


I have had a horrible cold this week, so my ability to pace the Snowdon leg of the Paddy Buckley Round was in doubt, but in the end we managed well enough for Mick the runner to gain 30 minutes on the leg and to finish in 22.30 overall. Well done Mick.

Thought a bit cold going over Snowdon with a cold mist blowing over us, the rest of the leg was clear, the sunset quite something and the last part in the dark just stunning. A great night to be out and I am please my cold did not hold me up too much.

Well done to Jim Mann and running partner, Duncan, on winning the Elite class in the LAMM over the weekend. It looks to have been around Loch Broom just south of Ullapool which is rough and remote ground with some big hills like Beinn Dearg, a cracking area.

No comments:

Post a Comment