April 26, 2010

Faster than usual, but a lot less miles and climb

Monday : 4.5 miles and 800ft round a local circuit which I have not done for a while. I was about 20 seconds slower than my best ever time. Having dog with you (even though she is much faster) does slow you down as I would sometime just go over gates command style, but I have to open them for Mist. Quite pleased.

Tuesday : Work in London

Wednesday : Work in London. I was going to run, but decided against it after my annual nose bleed.

Thursday : 6 miles, 1000ft moderate speed round local hills

Friday : Clarch to Pendinas and back quite fast : 8 miles and 15000ft

Saturday : 1500ft of hill reps from Fort to Bus stop.

Sunday : An alternative training day and to be honest I was tried when I started. Training was pulling a wire rope from a winch up a hill attaching it to the bottom of Gorse, waiting for the Gorse to be pulled out and then pulling the rope back up hill. Repeat until.

Summary of the week is a low 5k of climb, but this was a speed week.

Next weekend I am going to do the Red Kite Challange and Ras Y Diafol races which start only a mile and 5 miles from home. So I need to get 600oft of climb in the 1st few days of this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment